Voter Help Desk
What if I changed my name since I last registered to vote?

If you have changed your name, you will need to update your information by completing a new voter registration form. Below is a step by step guide for how to file a new voter registration form.

  1. Go to Register to Vote / Absentee Ballot.

  2. Choose the “Type of Voting Form” which applies to you and complete the registration process by filling out the information in each step. 

  3. If your state has an online voter registration system, you will be informed during the data entry process. You can then choose to transfer to that system and submit your registration online.

  4. If your state does not have an online registration system, continue to the end of the US Vote data entry process. Once your form is completed you may download, print, sign, and send your form to the Election Office Address provided with your document and instructions.

Note: The form must be submitted by you. Our system does not send any documents in your name - only you can submit your own voting documents to your election office.

Choose another category: